On My Own (Humming some Les Mis)...

So, Navy is in Germany for the week... Which leaves the Poodle and I all alone in Spain. Though it totally blows being without the Navy Man, we are focusing on the positive and trying to keep busy. We met one of the other NATO wives and her dog at Retiro Park--To get there, Poodle and I took the Metro all by ourselves! SO proud! Lame, right? It's the small victories that you have to celebrate when you live overseas... Poodle has to ride in my bag to get on the train, which she hates, but I hate having people stare at my blonde hair as if it's on fire--Get over it, Poodle! We've all got stuff to deal with here! It really was a gorgeous day, and I was thrilled to get out of the hotel...





When we got home, I dropped off the Poodle and headed to a new grocery store. Uh, turns out it is some sort of weirdo-European-city-only-sells-their-brand kind of store. Naturally, I didn't want to buy some cheese with a logo of a dancing gnome, so I tried to leave without buying anything. Um... Didn't work. I literally couldn't figure out how to exit, since you have to go through a one-way gate to go in and any lane that didn't have a checker and a loooooong line is locked up tight! So, I bought hairspray--just to be able to exit! Felt like a total goose, but as least now my hair will look good for a while...

0 comments:

               

Followers

About Me

My photo
An American girl living in Spain...
Powered by Blogger.